Michael lives in Phoenix with his wife and four kids. He spends most of his time here, re-reading things he's written, but when he's trying to appear to be productive he is the tech manager for a local ISP.Follow @rentendfingers
- "Old Friends" … and other poems through the years.
- "The Wizard's Apprentice" [Fantasy] A wizard returns to choose a successor
- "Tymescroll" [Fantasy] Excerpts from my novel
- "War of the Worlds" Age-old conflict in just 250 words
- Building a Business An enthusiastic look at starting your own business
- Phrench Phried Physics Proof positive of black holes.
- Reason's Edge Insanity, inanities and in need of medical attention.
- Unofficial View Politics & Opinion
- Wolf Spider Quick! Kill it before it gets away.
Category Archives: Science Fiction
This will be the last post I make. I can no longer countenance the duplicity; no longer stomach the deception. I can no longer force myself to be content given the current status quo. The rules have changed once again … Continue reading
Posted in Science Fiction Tagged conspiracy theory, government watchers, secrets Comments Off on Goodbye
Command and Control
Food, as everything else was in short supply. All, it seemed, except for misfortune and misery. The hydroponic gardens were failing. Water recirc units were running at half capacity. Air scrubbers had been under constant repair for the last year. … Continue reading
Posted in Flash Fiction, Science Fiction Tagged Enceladus, flash fiction, j. michael raymond, Saturn, science fiction, Space flight Comments Off on Command and Control
One Dark Night
Ancient trees, promised wine now devastated. Existence, aspirations like those trees, this ruined land blasted. Unfulfilled. —lament of the traveler His name, now devoid of meaning and value, he had not used since the initial step of his journey. He … Continue reading
Posted in Flash Fiction, Science Fiction Tagged end of the world, flash fiction, science fiction, survival, The Traveler Comments Off on One Dark Night